Mary Mack of Black River Falls placed second in our July 2007 “Berry Favorite Salads” contest with this recipe for her Quick Cranberry Salad.
- 6 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 16-ounce can cranberry sauce
- 1 10-ounce tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar together. Fold in the pineapple, cranberry sauce, Cool Whip and walnuts. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve the same day.
“This is a very easy and delicious salad that compliments any meal. I have used it many times during the holiday season, but it is also good during the summer as a light, refreshing addition to a cookout. A neighbor shared this recipe with me and it has become a favorite in my family,” Mary wrote.