Taste-Test Kitchen Baker Donna Stebbins received rave reviews for these cranberry meatballs she prepared during our “Cooking with Cranberries” program.
- 1 16-ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup Hunts Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cranberry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 pounds ground round, lean ground chuck or ground turkey
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
In a medium mixing bowl, stir cranberry sauce with a wire whisk to break up. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and contunue to whisk until well combined. Pour sauce into a crock pot and heat on high.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat and other meatball ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then form small meatballs. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake meatballs at 400 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done. Then place meatballs in sauce, leaving crock pot set on high heat until thoroughly warmed. Turn crock pot to low heat for serving.