This is a twist on a broccoli salad recipe, using sweetened dried cranberries in place of raisins. For a little more color, we also added cauliflower to the mix.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
In a large bowl, mix the broccoli, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, sweetened dried cranberries, celery, onion and bacon.
In a small bowl or dressing shaker, mix the salad dressing, sugar and vinegar. Pour dressing over salad, mix and refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Yield: 8 servings