Bev Miller of Bloomington, Illinois, submitted this recipe published in the December/January 2003 issue of Country magazine. Recipe is reprinted by permission of Reiman Publications.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup green marashino cherries, quartered
- 1 cup red marashino cherries, quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups whipping cream, whipped
In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, pineapple, marshmallows, cherries and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into an ungreased 13-inch by 9-inch dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer 10 mintues before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
“This is a very pretty dessert to serve at holiday gatherings,” writes Bev.