Test-Test Kitchen Donna Stebbins modified the recipe for Dream Bars, substituting sweetened dried cranberries for coconut. The bars received rave reviews from the visitors who sampled them and we’ve had many requests for the recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). In a 13×9-inch baking pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Makes 24-36 bars.