Jeanette Harmel of Tomah shared this recipe for a crunchy cranberry cookie.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup cornflake cereal, crumbled
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, blend dry ingredients thoroughly. Stir in butter, egg and vanilla, and mix until well blended, using your hands if necessary.
Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.