Carol Rusnak of Tomah won second place in our Fall 2007 “Harvest Season Favorites” contest with this salad recipe featuring two of Wisconsin’s major fruit crops – cranberries and apples.
- 1 3-ounce package raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 orange (leave peel on)
- 10 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
In a large bowl, prepare gelatin with hot water; stir until completely dissolved. Let cool. Using a food processor, grind cranberries and orange. Add the ground cranberries and orange, along with the pineapple, sugar, walnuts and marshmallows to gelatin. Transfer to a serving dish or gelatin mold and refrigerate until set.